Western's lean budget results from our efforts to keep tuition affordable in a time when the typical student brings $23,000 of undergraduate loan debt to graduate school and will pay an average of $31,000 to complete a master's degree. Western is less expensive than most other North American seminaries, but we recognize the sacrifices students must still make to receive the training they desire. Tuition revenue represents 80% of our annual revenue budget, the other 20% (approximately $1 million) represents the amount of gift revenue we must raise each year just to sustain the current ratio and subsidy of the student's overall educational costs.
Western, unlike most public higher educational institutions, receives
no support from federal or state government and there is a growing number of foundations
that will not fund any Christian non-profit. This leaves just the two revenues streams mentioned
earlier and as a result can put a huge burden on the student. By giving to the Seminary Fund, God uses you to help keep quality theological education affordable for the next generation of church leaders.
I want to thank you for contributing to the lives and pursuits of those
who attend Western Seminary, and specifically for giving to a grant I received this summer. I cannot
thank you enough for being willing to help. I hope you feel richly blessed.
of Arts in Counseling Student